Our Mission & Philosophy
- To promote and to protect the rights of individuals.
- To encourage and support parent to parent involvement.
- To support and to provide opportunities for community involvement in valued roles.
- To promote and to stand with individuals and families in obtaining appropriate services and supports.
- To encourage and support community awareness, through public education of the issues facing people who have been devalued.
- All human life has equal value and should therefore be accorded equal treatment.
- All people, regardless of degree of disability, should live in and be part of their community.
- Each individual is capable of growth, development and meaningful participation in the community.
- Individuals should have a wide range of life choices.
- Each individual should be supported according to their specific needs.
- Control over the lives of individuals should rest largely with themselves.
- Individuals should be supported and served in the most integrative(least restrictive) environment.
- People who have been devalued in our society should be accorded a valued standard of living.
- Communities share in the responsibility of including and supporting all their citizens.